Traditional-Yet-Modern Double Hung Windows by Marvin
Traditional yet modern – that’s a perfect description of the Ultimate Double Hung window by Marvin. This window is easy to clean and energy efficient. It combines a state-of-the art window design with classic American style. These double hung windows come in two basic styles: the vintage rectangular shape or the half round, elliptical transom. To give you a better idea of this popular window, here’s a brief description their different styles.
- Standard double hung: This window has a half round or elliptical transom at the top and it’s available with a wood or clad wood frame.
- Standard double hung arched: Great window on the interior, with semicircular exterior casing. This variation is the most economical method of achieving a round top.
- Standard double hung rectangular: It has a sash and radius glass designed for a round top appearance.
- Double hung window: This particular window comes with a true radius upper sash and frame. Both the interior and exterior have a radius top.
- Double hung window eyebrow: This window is not as rounded at the top. The radius upper sash and frame are almost squared. Both interior and exterior have a radius top.
- Standard double hung with a round top: This window blends well with its curved exterior components. Interior has a standard frame with rectangular sash and radius glass.
These windows by Marvin meet or exceed industry tests in water and air infiltration, as well as physical loads exerted from the exterior and interior. Passing these industry pressure tests proves the quality of Marvin windows.
Having a durable and long-lasting double hung window is vital in regions of the country that are susceptible to strong winds and fast-changing weather. These windows are also treated with a Low-E glass coating. This helps to deflect certain types of UV and IR rays away from the home.
Energy Star Product
If you’re deciding on which manufacture to go with, Marvin windows go beyond standards set by the industry. The U.S. Department of Energy has developed a standard for consumers to recognize products that reduce energy costs. Marvin double hung windows, along with the company’s entire line of doors and windows, fit this requirement. By upgrading to Marvin windows you can qualify for up $1,500 in federal tax credits to help offset the cost of installing or replacing your old windows.
Articles related to Traditional-Yet-Modern Double Hung Windows by Marvin
How much will Window Replacement cost you?
Limited Time Offers from Our Partners
Remodeling tweets and photos posted daily. Join Us on Twitter